According to research, more than 50% of the population is infected with the problem of persistent dandruff. If you have an itchy scalp and greasy patches on the scalp, chances are high that you are also struggling with the same haircare problem. Although there could be multiple reasons as to why dandruff occurs, the most common ones are dry hair, sensitivity to some products, and fungus growth.
The problem may not look big or threatening, however, dandruff can hamper your daily activities and can even be embarrassing especially when you are in a public gathering. The small white flakes on your dress and the constant need to scratch your scalp can create a nuisance in your routine. On the brighter side, we have discovered the reasons and how to curb the occurrence. Precaution is always better than cure!
The major causes behind dandruff are as follows:
- Scalp conditions
Dry skin is one of the most common causes of dandruff. The scalp condition of each individual varies from dry, oil to the normal scalp. If you do not opt for the treatment of dryness or dandruff, the situation might worsen over a period of years.
- Adequate shampooing
While too much shampooing is not yet linked to dandruff, less shampooing definitely is. It is said that ideally, one should wash hair at least twice a week. Inadequate washing of hair can lead to oil accumulation which can cause dandruff. Also, it is important to choose the right products. You must be watchful towards what is suiting you better.
People tend to have allergies towards certain food items or ingredients in the products but remain oblivious to them. If you have recently noticed dandruff, you might want to look back and see if you have changed products or eaten something new.
- Underlying medical conditions
Seborrheic dermatitis, a chronic medical condition under which all areas of the body where oil glands are present get impacted. This condition leads to redness of the scalp and dandruff. Hence, make sure to consult a dermatologist before starting any new medication for dandruff.
Let's learn how can we avoid the occurrence of dandruff:
- You must regularly brush your hair and wash them twice or thrice a week with a chemicals free shampoo that suits your skin. After the wash, make sure to thoroughly rinse the product out. Many times, when we wash our hair in a hurry, the shampoo is not washed out properly which can become a leading reason behind the occurrence of dandruff.
- When using a shampoo such as active seaweed scalp nourisher, gently massage your scalp and do not scratch your scalp as it can result in an infection.
- You must avoid the application of chemical-based products as the chemicals can wash away the good bacteria present on your scalp. Good bacteria help in fighting against dandruff-causing yeasts.
- Stress is a major underlying cause that creates an imbalance in the normal functioning of the body and immune system. Hence, watch out for those stress levels and reduce the risk of getting dandruff. Stress can make existing dandruff worse and can trigger the condition of dandruff.
Stop stressing and start acting! It is never too late to start a personal hair care routine!
So To Conclude:
Dandruff is caused by a natural process in the body, but efforts can be made to control it. Active Algae, Green Tea, Rosemary, Ginger, etc, are some of the ingredients that help in relieving the itchiness and redness of the scalp associated with dandruff and psoriatic conditions. Don't change your shampoo every day and stick to a shampoo that suits your constitution and scalp condition, such as active algae scalp cleanser. Keeping your scalp clean with regular cleansing is enough to prevent hair loss and other hair-related problems.