Hair oiling and scalp massage are truly holistic treatments that have been practiced in the Indian subcontinent for thousands of years. Not only does this ancient health and beauty technique benefit your hair and scalp, but it is also an excellent stress reliever. As most of us are well aware, when we are calm and relaxed, we automatically end up looking younger and younger. In India, it is customary for families to massage each other's scalps weekly to help condition the hair, balance the scalp, and help with relaxation. While getting a scalp massage from someone else is always more rewarding and enjoyable but self-treatment is also very helpful.
The main benefits of applying oil to the hair and massaging the scalp:
- It strengthens the hair roots by improving the blood circulation under the scalp.
- Natural deep conditioning for dry, unmanageable hair.
- Stimulates hair growth, especially when infused with essential oils and extracts.
- Its excellent stress-relieving technique induces psychological well-being and deep relaxation.
Steps to Follow While Doing Hair Oiling:
- It is best to protect clothing with a towel or robe and remove all jewelry before starting treatment.
- Heat a small amount of hair oil to a comfortable temperature (the oil should be warm to the touch).
- If you have long hair, divide it into sections.
- Dip your fingers in the oil and apply the oil section by section to cover the entire hair. Avoid using too much oil as it will be difficult to wash off.
- After applying oil, massage the scalp in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes. The oil can be left on for several hours or overnight to enhance the therapeutic effect.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with an active seaweed shampoo and followed by a conditioner.
Products based on mineral oils and synthetic ingredients can significantly reduce their benefits, that is why it is important to use active algae scalp oil which is free from paraben, silicone, and sulphate for this treatment.
The essentials of a good oil:
Rosemary Oil of choice for promoting healthy, shiny hair. It is especially good for promoting hair growth and strengthening hair roots.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla) is an excellent source of vitamin C and has been used for centuries in the Indian subcontinent to promote healthy, shiny, and lustrous hair.
Bhringraj Extract is solve hair care problems like hair fall or premature graying. Bhringraj is a “king of herbs”, its herbal oil is used in Ayurveda for various purposes since ancient times.
Indigo Extract gently helps accelerate hair growth as the natural ingredients present in the medicinal oil work to keep the hair intact and strengthen roots.
Ginseng Root extract is believed to strengthen the hair follicles and hair roots by increasing the dermal cells of the scalp. It not only promotes the new growth of strands but also prevents hair thinning and breakage.
Active Algae Scalp Oil is a unique blend of the finest cold-pressed oils and natural ingredients. Specially blended for dry hair and problematic scalp, it is made with 100% natural and organic ingredients.